Teqball can be played with balls used in football, with size five being official and recommended. Teqball can be played by two players (singles game) or by four players (doubles game).
- Teqball follows a points-based scoring format and is played over a best of three sets, with each set played until a player/team reaches 12 points.
- The final decisive set must be won by at least a two-point margin.
- Players must switch sides after each set and the time between two sets must not exceed one minute.
- In the final decisive set players/teams switch sides at 6/12/18 points reached by the leading team.
- Points are started with a service, with the player/team having two attempts to complete a successful service.
- Once the point is in play, the ball must be returned to the opponent's side onto the table by touching it a maximum of three times (hands and arms cannot be used).
- In doubles, both players on the team must touch the ball before it is returned.
- The ball cannot be touched by the same body part consecutively.
- A player/team cannot return the ball with the same body part consecutively.
- In the case of an edgeball, the point is to be repeated.
- Players/teams change service after every four points.
- While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched.
The official rules and regulations of teqball can be downloaded here.